Who do I call for an emergency?
For any life-threatening emergency, you should always call 911 first. For any non-life threatening or maintenance emergency, please call our office at (833) 878-7434 aka (833) TRU-RIDGE. You should always CALL for emergencies, DO NOT submit them in the resident portal as this won’t be seen immediately. Please also keep in mind the below examples of what is and is not a maintenance emergency.

What is considered a maintenance emergency?

Some examples generally include (but are not limited to) the following:

    • Fire or flooding of any kind
    • Gas leak of any kind
    • Large water leak (more than a slow drip pace)
    • Electrical shock, smoke, or sparking of any kind
    • Immediate risk to life and safety (in this case call 911)
    • Heater stops working in freezing temperatures
    • Frozen water lines and/or sewer backup
    • Air conditioning stops working
    • Appliances stop working
    • Light bulb is not working
    • Neighbors music is too loud or dog barking
    • Website or resident portal isn’t working

How do I submit a maintenance request?
All maintenance requests should be submitted through our online resident portal. Please understand that support requests will be prioritized based on the severity of the problem.

What if I pay my rent late?
Your rent is due in full on the due date specified in your Lease Agreement (generally the 1st). Payment not received in full and on time may be subject to daily late fees or other penalties. Late payments may result in legal measures that could lead to your eviction.

What if I lose my key or get locked out?
You may call our office during business hours if you are locked out, and if we are available, there will be a minimum $25 lockout fee plus $25 per replacement key. If we are not available or if it is outside business hours, you may call our approved locksmith 24/7 and are subject to paying whatever fees they charge. Our approved locksmith is Albright Security Center in Medina (330) 722-7884.

What if I am having a problem or concern with a neighbor?
It is important to try and get along with your neighbors. If you have a problem with a neighbor, it is usually best to have a calm conversation amongst yourselves. Refrain from using foul language or engaging in verbal arguments. Of course, if you are unable to resolve the problem, feel free to contact us, or the local authorities, depending on the urgency of the situation.

Can I make modifications to the property, such as painting, flowers, or landscaping?
We typically don’t permit physical modifications or alterations to the property. Modifications or alterations to the property of any type will require written consent and you will need to contact us for prior approval.

Why does the lease require I have renters insurance?
Under most circumstances the landlord is not responsible for your personal property. It is important to have renters insurance to cover your belongings in the event of an unforeseen disaster. This type of insurance is inexpensive (around $15/month) and well worth the cost. You can quickly and easily enroll in renters insurance through your online resident portal.

Other important items to be aware of:

  • It is important to keep the leased premises in a clean, sanitary and safe condition
  • Please make sure that trash is disposed of correctly as to avoid any pest control problem
  • Regularly make sure your smoke/carbon monoxide detectors are working
  • Replace your furnace/HVAC air filter every three months
  • Open flames of any type are not permitted, including candles, grills, and camp fires
  • Do not copy or loan your key or entry code to anyone not listed on the lease
  • Be considerate of your neighbors and keep noise levels under control
  • Read the lease thoroughly and ask questions about anything you don’t understand